Tuesday 13 September 2016

Duck Right Association

Registration open and operations commenced.
Every time the speaker gets on the dias, it's always the eagle on the lime light. Ooh soaring high, ohhh storms, again removing talons and beak...... and the narratives continue at the expense of ducks.
On the other hand, ducks are brought up only to highlight negativity especially laziness.
So this other day, I decided to take the"museveni challenge" minus the road. Me and my swinging chair near this pond in my backyard. And I see these two birds with their heads down in the water, ass up. I exclaimed wondering whether the vegetation at the bottom of the pond which is connected to the sea is really seaweed. You see, it's my beach house I am talking about here.
"These ducks must be high" I thought. The two ducks did this smooth somersault and a mini second later I can see the clear eyes and the shiny beaks. "What did you say?" I turned to look behind me and alas! I was alone.
Could be the one who was high? Seeing things and hearing voices?
The duck with specked feathers made some noise as if to attract my attention. That voice again and this time the source was unmistakable: the white duck with a black patch.
I don't know whether the duck was speaking human or I was talking duck (you didn't see that, did you?) but she heard me and so did I.
I have a reputation on curiosity with levels going as high as 9 nanonites (this is the only measure of curiosity I would think of) and my curiosity this moment was on what on earth were the ducks doing with their heads down under water. And just like a good politician which she really is (#StellaNyanziof ducks republic), she launched into a narrative.
Apparently she has been following my posts and she was proud to inform me I had been appointed the sole advocate of ducks' rights. Well, my reputation had superseded my presence both in advocacy and curiosity (they had their heads under the water to serve their recreational purposes which I will refer to later but mainly to arouse my curiosity and such draw me close). Talk of strategy (who said ducks were blonde? Look it up before you get me stoned: http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-…/blonde
So I have been appointed the advocate of ducks' rights and my first assignment is to form a ducks' rights association.
And here we go;
1. Ducks swim and fly, eagles only fly. Ask ducks who fly low above water the beauty that comes with breeze which an eagle would never know. Shock on you and eagles should Noah and ark happen with eagles expected to swim.
2. Who ever ate an eagle's egg? Yeah! Only Tarzan. Stop raising your hands yet before I ask about ducks' products. Ducks don't exist only to serve their own interests unlike their counterparts who fly high.
3. Life under water is beautiful, ask ducks. (Maybe even from their interactions with seals if not by taking a peek by submerging their heads in water)
4. Ducks know how to take a chill and enjoy the journey. What's the hurry for all the time.
And before you say eagles take a chill too, tell me whether sitting on a rock is relaxing? A deep any day.
5. I remember this one saying I heard in a meeting " what you are seeing is the duck on the water, your should see the situation under the water.
The implication was that as a leader, you main a face even when things are hectic.
Eagles are majestic but the next time you talk against ducks, seek clearance from the association first through the chair or risk litigation.
Thuo Patrick Junior's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment