Tuesday 13 September 2016

Honey and BMW

There is one thing that is common when it comes to diving. Whether scuba, sky or just the swimming pool diving. There is elated heartbeat, from both excitement and anxiety.
Humans are strange species, we have fully developed legs (not insensitive to anybody who is unable to use their legs due to disability, accident or any occurrence not covered by the two. If anything, you are an epitome of strength and encouragement however you feel about the situation), non-existent gills and wings but we still want to give the fishes and birds a run for whatever currency they use.
The adventure of the unsure "grounds" is what breeds excitement when diving is concerned. We love conquering. However, some anxiety is bound to happen: what if the oxygen tank is poisoned? What if some sea creature was having a bad tooth day? What if I plunged too hard into the pool and broke my teeth on the pool floor? What if a plane malfunctioned above me?
That was the situation I was in the other day. You see I love speed. The crazy speed that comes with great machines. The kind of speed pulled in the #fastandfurious movies. I know speed kills #RIPbrian but well who am I to say no. So I taking a stroll and I come across this cop bike;A BMW R1200RT parked by the roadside as the guy controls traffic in some junction I won't name for my wellbeing.
A turbo charged Subaru will be driven crazy (it's a pun) by this bike. The rear wheel is king size and that said I won't launch into stability capabilities. My heartbeat is so bad I can't walk (haven't it been hammered into us that we men - you are your own if you read women- can't multitask). The heartbeat is that bad that the brain has registered it as a task.
I need a ride on this bike. I could approach the guy or I could sneak around and just hitchhike. Knowing the response I would get and probably even a kick out of the first idea, I am left with the second one. I would sneak, do one of those tricks we see in movies of using cables to ignite, take a ride with the siren on doing like 120-150 kph speed and then surrender it to some station when I have had enough kick out of it
Some occurrence in my childhood taught me to think things through before jumping into action. I had seen people apply honey on bread and thought it a good idea. So when my grandpa (may his soul rest in peace) came visiting with some large bread he never failed to bring with him anytime he came visiting, I was assured of some two three slices. When I got my share, I took off towards my neighbour's place where he was nursing a bee keeping project. There were about five hives set in trees well off the ground. I choose one which seemed ready for harvest, maybe just enough ounces to serve my interests.
I have a reputation for agility especially when it comes to trees. Just ask around. So in less than a minute after using some gymnastics, me and slices were settled on a branch adjacent one of the hives ready for action. What transpired after that still gives me chills today anytime somebody uses the word 'honey' even when referring to me. I can't remember eating my bread nor the honey but I was sore for days after being out for some. Today, I will take anything but honey.
This particular incidence flashed before my eyes and that is how I aborted the whole thing.
So here I am nursing disappointment but in shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment