Friday 23 September 2016

Hyundai Santa Fee

Back in the days when I was ...I don't whether to say green or blue but definitely not blue-black, Jimmy Igoto had this beamer accessory and boy did we suffer. I never understood what the fuss was all about.
Then I met Neiman Agollah and again with a couple of 'em accessories coupled with a red manual beamer with black rims. Strong as a dozen pairs of ox plus one ( aren't we Kenyans?). I remember making fun of him and how he doesn't "say" and we laughed it off. I have rode the machine and it is incredible. I thought my fun making was water under the bridge until I met the son. I still cringe with shivers at thought of audacity.
So this fateful day I got invited for some marinated roasted goat ribs now that "ngumo ndeigana mwene" (fairly to mean my love for food was getting around) and as fate had it, you don't say no to food as I was made to understand if I was to pass for a luhya which I need to do for a special project I am working on. I go in ready to build the body (they say Njenga mwili Na jina). Yeah the name. Haven't you heard of people who became internationally recognized for wine tasting. I might get such an appointment.🍖🍗
I get in and his (Neiman) boy meets to say. "Hey Uncle Jack. How have you been?" Is the opening I got. "Hey too my man. I have been well, I can't complain (I know somebody who uses this line when I am checking on her) but my name is Patrick". What ensued was an argument why I am no longer Pat but Jack. Apparently he has been following my posts about different things and specifically vehicles. He couldn't understand why anybody would spend talking about different types and makes instead of sticking to beamers just like him and the father.
The boy knows his cars enough to tell apart the roar of an Audi and that of a BMW while completely engaged elsewhere and he is five or younger. He is such a bright kid and to him I remain Uncle Jack.
So I decided to take up the name and live up the expectation, Jack of all trades you know. So today we talking about Hyundai Santa fee for the boy's dreams sake.
• • • • •
Performance everywhere you turn
It’s time to energize the idea of a crossover. Santa Fe Sport offers plenty of performance features including your choice of a 240-hp turbocharged engine, Drive Mode Select to suit your driving style and Active Cornering Control AWD.
185-hp 2.4-liter GDI 4-cylinder engine
6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC®
Drive Mode Select
Front suspension: MacPherson struts with twin-tube gas shock absorbers
Rear suspension: Multi-link with gas shock absorbers
Body construction: Unibody with high tensile strength steel
Available 240-hp turbocharged 2.0-liter GDI engine
Available Active Cornering Control (AWD)
Image may contain: car

No comments:

Post a Comment